Upgraded to windows 8 at work today. Here are some helpful links:
- http://superuser.com/questions/259309/can-you-change-the-icon-of-a-pinned-ie-9-web-application-and-how-do-you-do-it (because I pin Slimtimer to my task bar)
- http://www.askvg.com/fix-internet-explorer-tile-missing-from-windows-8-start-screen-or-metro-ie-doesnt-start/ (because sometimes I just like to use full screen IE)
- http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-tip-customize-start-screen-144230 (customize the start screen)
- http://blog.coretech.dk/jgs/windows-8-how-to-open-powershell-ise-and-how-to-use-new-command-browser-feature/ (find powershell_ise)
- http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/ (remap CapsLock to Esc, Autohotkey seems to not work consistently for me in Win8)
Of course Chocolatey and Ninite are essential.
Because we install Office 2013 I noticed Skydrive Pro, but wasn't sure what it was: